Sand Dollar Cookies
- Leader’s tip: This is a program that will work most effectively as you encourage conversation. Personal stories, ideas, perspectives, witness….. Goal: 1) edible illustration (“Taste and See that the Lord is good!), 2) Scripture that is well-read…with a bit of drama please! 3) Conversation– Each woman’s voice is important, and 4) Prayer for one another.
Make Sand-Dollar Cookies using your Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough-ready-made! Simple is good! For those of your women that are bakery chefs; they are free to bring home-made, chilled Sugar Cookie dough rather than using ready-made. Options-Options-options.
To create a Sand Dollar Cookie you will need to shape your cookie dough into flat circles. Sprinkle each with a mixture of sugar with a bit of cinnamon added (sand!). Place 5 almond slices as pictured to create the perfect sand dollar star, bake according to directions.
Devotion: Jesus Calms the Sea. Calming the Storms of our Lives.
Scripture: Read Luke 8:22-25
22 One day he got into a boat with his disciples, and he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side of the lake.” So they set out, 23 and as they sailed he fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water and were in danger. 24 And they went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and the raging waves, and they ceased, and there was a calm. 25 He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, “Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?”
- Imagine how it would feel to be in a small boat on a lake in the middle of a life-threatening storm? Would you be scared?
- What was Jesus doing during the storm?
- When Jesus woke up, what did he do?
- When Jesus calmed the storm, what were the disciples thinking?
- After they saw Jesus calm the storm, how did his actions change their view of who He was?
In your small group (leader’s choice)
- Finish the sentence, “Jesus is….”
What are some times in your life when it is important to remember that Jesus is the Son of God? Why?
- How does Jesus help us during those times?
Prayer for one another: May God give peace to you as you face the storms in your life today.
Know that you can talk to Jesus, the Son of God, sharing all that concerns you today.